My dad’s bday fell on the first night of Passover, which means that he couldn’t eat anything that was leavened, like a birthday cake.
I usually feel a little bad (his bday usually always falls on Passover), but instead of
feeling bad this year, I “baked” him a delicious raw chocolate pudding cake (which also happened to be so healthy)..and I didn’t even need an oven!
Raw Chocolate Pudding Cake with Date-Nut Crust! – Great for passover and perfect for any time of the year!
Crust- raw, made of dates, honey and nuts
Filling- raw, chocolate “pudding” made with cacao, dates and avocado!
1 1/4 cup raw cacao powder
1 1/4 cup water
10 tsp vanilla extract
1 1/4 tsp sea salt
1. Place avocado, dates, raw cocao powder, vanilla extract and sea salt in a blender.
2. Gradually add 1 tablespoon of water at a time to achieve a creamy consistency.
3. Add more avocado to make it creamier, add more dates to make it sweeter.
4. Blend, blend, blend until creamy and pudding-like!
5. Place to the side in a bowl.
1 cup pecans
1 cup walnuts
1/4 cup almond meal (optional)
1 cup dates (pitted)
1/4 cup honey (use local)
1/4 tsp sea salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
– banana chips
– chocolate chips, cacao nibs,
– shredded coconut
1. Blend nuts and sea salt until flour-like consistency.
2. Add dates, honey and vanilla.
3. Blend until mixed well.
4. Spoon out of blender and place into cake pan – patting down mixture as you would to make any type of crust.
5. Place into fridge/freezer for about 10-20 minutes until mixture hardens.
6. Add pudding slowly to crust.
7. Top with decoration! VOila!
(*please note- I do not observe Passover as strictly as others, so use “kosher for passover” ingredients as needed/use caution when using my Passover recipes).
be raw. be healthy. be well.