This is an awesome alternative to
“Potato Skins with Sour Cream, Bacon and Chives”.
It’s definitely a tad sweeter, but as satisyfing,
very comforting and so much healthier!
Your digestive system and skin will thank you.
– Sweet Potatoes- loaded with vitamins A and C and high in fiber to keep your skin looking luminous, your eyes strong and your body feeling light.
– Vegainnaise- a vegan version of mayo that tastes exactly like mayo (I prefer the variety made with Grapeseed oil) to clear up your skin and help prevent future cholesterol issues!
– Chipotle- spice that makes everything taste Mexican (and bacon-y) and helps rev up your metabolism to complement all of the exercise you’re doing!
Sweet Potato Fries
– 2 sweet potatoes
– 1 Tbs grapeseed oil (coconut or olive oil)
– dash sea salt
1. Cut sweet potatoes into sticks/fries
2. Lay on a cookie sheet or parchment/tin-foil lined pan.
3. Drizzle oil evenly over potatoes and sprinkle sea salt
4. Broil on high for approx 6 minutes, toss,
then cook for another 6 minutes or until brown.
Eat alone or dip it into the delicious “Chipotle-Maple Dipping Sauce” below!
Sweet Chipotle-Maple “Bacon Mayo”
– 1/2 cup vegannaise
– 1/4 tsp maple syrup
– 1/8 tsp chipotle spice
– 1 scallion or chive (chopped)
1. Mix up all ingredients, sprinkle a few scallions for garnish.
2. Serve with sweet potato fries and voila!
*Serves approx 3-4
So, so, so good, right?!
be satisfied. be comforted. be well.