Today on my Glamour Magazine cooking show, “Treat Yourself”
I show how to make Everything Kale Chips –
the perfect savory, crispy and crunchy snack that will satisfy your cravings
and leave you feeling guilt-free when you keep going back for more, and more.
This recipe tastes pretty much like an everything bagel,
just in the form of kale…so it’s WAY healthier and guilt-free!
I love making these Everything Kale Chips as a side with dinner
(goes perfectly with salmon). It’s also great to make on a Sunday
and to pack up in a tupperware container to eat as a snack to bring to the office.
Or, place them in a bowl and serve as an Hors d’oeuvre when friends come over.
But, beware: they’re addicting! I say though,
if you’re going to pick a snack to be addicted to,
it should be something as healthy as this, right?!
Kale: helps keep your skin cells healthy, strengthens the immune system and boosts iron
Olive Oil: good type of fat which helps make you feel more satiated, brings out the flavor of the chip and makes the other ingredients stick to the kale and it makes it crispier.
Pumpkin seeds: contains potassium, which are good for your heart
Sesame seeds: contains calcium
It’s a super simple recipe to make, crazy healthy
and totally delicious.
Everything Kale Chips
What You Need:
• 10 oz. Kale, spines removed
• 2 tsp. olive oil
• 2 Tbsp. pumpkin seeds, chopped
• 1 Tbsp. sesame seeds
• 1/2 Tbsp. poppy seeds
• 2 tsp. garlic powder
• 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
• 1/4 tsp. sea salt
• 1/4 cup grated parmesan (optional)
1. Heat the oven to 400 degrees F
2. Wash the kale under cool running water as you remove the spines
3. Dry the leaves well with a paper towel and tear into fist size pieces
4. Place in a large bowl and add the olive oil
5. Using your fingers, rub the oil over the kale leaves until they are well
coated and shiny
6. Add the pumpkin seeds, sesame seeds, garlic powder, pepper, and sea salt and toss to coat
7. Split the kale between two un-greased baking sheets, spacing pieces out
into one layer on each sheet
8. Bake for 4-6 minutes or until crisp and brown at edges
9. For the last minute of cooking, remove the baking sheets from the oven,
sprinkle kale with the parmesan, and return to the oven
Once these are out of the oven, serve them immediately or let them cool
completely before putting in an airtight container. They’ll last 4 days.
*Makes 4 servings so don’t eat the whole thing at once!
Watch how I make them on my cooking show, “Treat Yourself”
with Glamour Magazine.
Craving more kale? Check out my favorite Kale Salad.
be green. be delicious. be delightful.