If you’re looking for a quick, easy and delicious healthy soup,
you’ve found it!
I made this Creamy Butternut Squash during a private cooking class last week and the girls were obsessed.
Creamy Butternut Squash Soup
What You Need:
1 butternut squash (3lbs), chopped into 1-inch cubes with skin (approx 6 cups)
1 onion (.5lbs), chopped (approx 2 cups)
1 Tbs coconut oil (aroma-free/refined)
1.5 cups almond milk
1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
5 Tbs pure maple syrup
1 tsp sea salt
1 cup pumpkin seeds
1. Cut up the butternut squash and onions
2. Place coconut oil in a large soup pot and heat on medium heat. Add
onions and cook for approx 2 minutes until onions look glassy. Stir occasionally with a wooden spoon
3. Add butternut squash and cook on medium heat (with lid on) for about 10-15 minutes until the butternut squash
is soft (place a fork in a piece to determine how soft it is – it should go in easily). Stir every 5 minutes to make sure the mixture is well coated and so the onions don’t burn to a crisp (its ok if the onions brown – it will taste delicious)
4. Once butternut squash is soft, add it to a blender
5. To the blender, also add almond milk, cinnamon, ginger, maple syrup and sea salt. Blend on high until creamy and hot.
6. Pour into bowls and add a few pumpkin seeds on top to make it pretty.
*Makes approx 6 cups (good enough for 3 people)
*I prefer it thick, but if you like it creamier and thinner, add more almond milk and blend.
be creamy. be delicious. be healthy.