This recipe is going to be the new rage–
so delish and so healthy and I made it up in just a few minutes!
- so yummy
- great alternative to a veggie burger/turkey burger
- perfect to eat while cleansing
- super high in protein
- high in fiber
- lowers cholesterol
- stabilizes blood sugar
Arielle’s Split Pea Burgers
- 1 ½ cups split peas, rinsed (soaked overnight for best results)
- 4 garlic cloves, smashed
- 1/4 red onion, diced
- 3-4 tbs teff flour, brown rice flour or whole wheat flour
- 1 ½ cups almond flour
- 2 eggs (organic/farm fresh is best)
- 6 cups water
- 1 tsp grapeseed/olive/coconut oil
- sea salt to taste
1. Soak split peas for at least 10 minutes- overnight is best (better for digestion). Rinse and discard water.
2. Bring water + split peas + garlic + sea salt to a boil.
3. Simmer uncovered for 20-25 minutes/until split peas are tender.
4. Strain + set aside to cool.
5. Combine red onion, sea salt + almond flour in bowl.
6. Add cooked split peas + mix. Then, add eggs + mix thoroughly.
7. Form the mixture into large balls/patties w/hands. (Add 1 tbs teff flour if they fall apart)
8. Prepare skillet with grapeseed oil. A) Cook on each side for about 4-5 min/until golden OR B) cook on broil high for approx 8 min in oven (this version comes out a tad drier).
A) Version on the pan (tastes better)
B) Version broiled in the oven (a tad drier)
9. Enjoy on its own alone or add a burger bun, avocado, lettuce and tomato! Voila!
be delicious. be glowing. be well.