Growing up, my all time fave
treat was a Reeses peanut butter cup.
Introducing…a healthy peanut butter cup!
SO easy (takes less than 10 minutes to make) +
SO healthy (dark chocolate + nut butter) +
SO amazingly delish (my friends + colleages LOVED them).
Perfect for Halloween,
a b’day party, dinner party, and
healthy enough to eat after-work/after-school.
1. melt chocolate in a pan (low-medium heat, stirring occasionally)
2. once chocolate is melted, carefully pour chocolate into cupcake wrappers (eco-friendly or silicone)
3. spread chocolate up the sides (using a pastry brush or spoon)
4. refrigerate for about 3-5 min (until hardens)
5. take out of refrigerator and place a dollop of peanut putter inside cup (flatten with finger)
6. optional- I used freshly ground peanut butter made solely of peanuts (no added sugar, oil or salt), so I added a touch of pink himalayan sea salt for some extra umph.
7. pour rest of melted chocolate on top
8. refrigerate for about 10 min (until fully hardened)
*makes approx 30-50 reeses pieces treats
(depends how big your cupcake wrappers/tins are).
Feel free to split or double the recipe.
Figured no one was going to bake me a cake
for my b’day yesterday, so I “baked” my own
favorite childhood treat (and of course,
healthified it a little)!
Happy Birthday to me!
be sweet. be childish. be well.