This Chocolate Peanut-Butter Pretzel Bark is a creative take on
on my “Chocolate-Cherry Nut Bark” from my Glamour.com Cooking Show.
Easy-to-make, quick and delicious.
Not to mention, this is made with
dark chocolate and better-for-you
pretzels made of spelt, which are higher
in fiber than regular pretzels…and even some
peanut butter for a dose of protein!
Bring a plate of them to your office
holiday party, your New Year’s bash
or your next bridal shower and
everyone will flip!
Chocolate Peanut-Butter Pretzel Bark
8 ounces dark chocolate chips (70% recommended)
1/2 cup spelt pretzels
1/4 cup organic peanut butter (or peanut butter chips)
1 tbsp white chocolate
sea salt or pink himalayan salt, coarse
1. Line a 13×9 baking sheet with parchment paper
2. In a small sauce pan, heat chocolate on low-medium heat. Stir rapidly so it doesn’t burn. Once smooth, turn off heat and add 1/4 cup pretzels and stir until mixed.
3. Drop the mixture into the middle of the baking sheet and spread the chocolate evenly so its one even layer.
4. In the same pan, heat the peanut butter and white chocolate until melted and add a dollop on different parts of the chocolate layer. Using a toothpick or a fork, swirl around the peanut butter-white chocolate mixture, making it into a pretty swirly design.
5. Add the rest of the spelt pretzels and sea salt on top and place into the freezer or fridge for 10 minutes or until hardened.
6. Break up the pieces and serve on a platter or place into little treat bags and wrap with ribbon as presents (see below)
*Makes approx 10 servings
And if you want to make a cute foodie-related holiday gift this
year (which in my holiday book is ALWAYS a good idea,)
place it in a little plastic treat bag, wrap with some twine
and stick a leftover christmas tree branch in it for a pop of festivity!
And don’t forget a cute little note, like “Have a sweet holiday!”
For more fun (foodie) holiday gift ideas, check out my ideas here.
Be sweet. Be thoughtful. Be well.