My sister is an inspiration to me and one of the things that I remember very, very well from her pregnancies is that she carried around a bottle of water with her everywhere. At my recent checkup with my midwife, I expressed to her that I had some pelvic pain. She said it could be the uterus expanding as Baby Hasp grows, but to also make sure that I’m drinking at least 3 liters of water daily to help with muscle contraction. (3 liters = 12 cups). Wow!
So, I’ve been on the hunt to find a water bottle that I’m excited to carry around with me and to drink out of. Below, I’ve included 10 water bottles that will inspire you to drink more water, too!
I prefer drinking out of a mason jar (how cute is this hot pink one?) but lugging it around can get pretty heavy and you risk dropping it and then shattering everywhere (happened to me a few times!)
So, I asked Angela, who is currently in school to be a Registered Holistic Nutritionist to help me compile a list of the 10 best water bottles that are cute, healthy, and realistic to lug around.
Since our bodies are two thirds water, staying hydrated is essential for everything from glowing, clear skin to efficient digestion and improved energy.
Most of us opt for bottled water, but it’s deceptively tempting. While it may seem safer, it’s often taken straight from community water sources, so it may not actually be “cleaner” than tap water. On top of that, the plastic bottles can leach chemicals such as bisphenol A (BPA) into the water, causing hormone imbalance and other health challenges. And, sun exposure can actually make this process worse (think a water bottle sitting in the sun at the beach), which is why refilling used disposable plastic bottles is not the best option.
Not to mention that plastic bottles are not the best for the environment.
So…your best bet (to save your money and your health) is actually tap water that you filter yourself! The filter that I have in my apartment (and highly recommend) is this water filter (pictured above). It’s so powerful that it removes bacteria, viruses and parasites and extracts chemicals. It also reduces heavy metals such as lead and mercury.
After drinking it, you’ll literally taste the difference of other waters. If you do decide to splurge on it, I recommend one of the largest ones (at least 2 gallons). I have the travel size and it has been little annoying to fill up five times a day. The larger one is more of an investment and it will take up more space on your counter, but it will save you time and energy. Promise!
To inspire you to drink more (and better sourced) water, here are the 10 of the best – cute, convenient and healthy water bottles that will have you sipping all day long:
1. S’Well – water bottle with the best prints. If you like fun prints like marble or palm trees, this is your water bottle. This stainless steel water bottle is fashion forward AND it keeps water hot for 12 hours and cold for 24. Great for miso soup or some butternut squash soup in the winter, and water sangria/fruit punch in the summer!
$25 – $45; capacity 9oz. – 25oz.; weight 8 oz. to 16 oz.; stainless steel
2. Life Factory – best tasting water. It seems that water in a glass just tastes the best. Glass is a little bit heavier and more delicate than other materials, but the bottle is surrounded in a silicone sheath, so it’s safe to carry around and will even survive being dropped.
$14.99 – $26.99; capacity 9 oz. – 22 oz.; weight 9.6 oz. – 19.2 oz.; glass bottle with silicone sleeve
Get Life Factory here.
3. Bkr – most likely to be carried by a celeb. The fresh colors and designs are inspired by runway trends, such as the “metallic hearts,” “spiked” and “neutral” collections. It also has a silicone sleeve so if it falls on the street, it will (hopefully) stay in tact! Love this spiked version!
$28 – $45; capacity 8 oz. – 32 oz.; weight 8.8 oz. – 24 oz.; glass with a silicone sleeve
4. Bobble – best for on the go filtering. If you find yourself shopping on the weekends or out and about during the week and want access to filtered water at all times, this bottle with a filter built in is definitely ideal. Each filter is the equivalent of 300 bottles of water and costs less than four dollars. And, if you’re not in the mood for the filter, take it out and the bottle doubles as a fruit infuser! The filter and cap are also customizable with bright colors, which is a fun component.
$5.99 – $12.99; capacity 18.5 oz. – 34 oz.; weight 2.9 oz. – 6.4 ounces; BPA free plastic
Get it here.
5. Breathe Soma Water Bottle – the “zen” water bottle. Whether you commute to work, love going to yoga, or just want to sport a fashionable healthy accessory, this Limited Edition Soma Water bottle is a great reminder to drink more water and to breathe more! It’s made of glass, a BPA-free soft silicone sleeve and an all natural bamboo cap. And, best of all, for every water bottle sold, a $5.00 donation will be made to charity: water to support safe drinking water projects globally. So nice! Only available while supplies last.
$35; weight: 10.8oz; capacity 17oz.; glass
Get it here.
6. Memo Bottle – water bottle for fashionistas. This water bottle has a really unique, flat shape is easily carried in a clutch, handbag or briefcase. It also looks like glass but is made out of plastic, so it’s super sleek. They are made of BPA-free plastic, but do note that they’re not dishwasher safe, and not compatible for hot liquids or carbonated water.
$24 – $27; capacity 13 oz. – 25 oz.; weight 3.5 oz. – 7 oz.; BPA free plastic
Get it here.
7. Alex – easiest water bottle to clean. This bottle unscrews in the middle, making it easy to hand wash, scrub with a sponge or throw in the dishwasher. That means Alex can also double as a smoothie holder! The only downside is that it’s not insulated, so it won’t keep drinks cold or protect your hands from anything hot. Customizable colors and even a glow in the dark option!
$32.99; capacity 26 oz; weight 2.9 oz; stainless steel with silicone sleeve
Get it here.
8. Zing Anything – the fruit infusion specialist. If you’re a fan of lemon and fruit water like us, you are going to be obsessed — this bottle has a lemon juicer in the bottle! Different accessories are available depending on what type of fruit you like, including a berry slicer, cucumber slicer and kiwi reamer. Genius…and it’s made of BPA-free plastic!
$13 – $19; capacity 16 oz. – 36 oz.; BPA free plastic
Get it here.
9. Hidrate Spark – smartest water bottle. If you’re someone who loves apps and gadgets, this pricey water bottle may be perfect for you. Hidrate Spark tracks how much water you drink, syncs with an app on your phone (or your Google watch or Fitbit), then glows when you need to drink more water! Not sure how we feel about drinking from something that is connected to a phone but it sure is impressive and would make an amazing Chanukah or Christmas gift.
$55; capacity 24 oz.; BPA free plastic
Get it here.
10. The Hydro Flask – most customizable water bottle. Choose from seven sizes and two lid options, then pick from 14 colors for each of the four parts of the bottle. This stainless steel bottle may give off an after taste, but the plus is that it will keep liquids cold for 24 hours and hot for six.
$34 – $78; capacity 12 oz. – 64 oz.; stainless steel with silicone
Get it here.
(P.S How much water are you drinking on a daily basis? When not pregnant, I aim for half my body weight in ounces (so, about 60 ounces = 8 cups).
Thanks for researching all of the great recommendations, Angela!
Angela Ranelli is the creator of the food and health blog Kale & Tequila and a nutrition student at The Canadian School of Natural Nutrition, where she’ll soon earn a degree as a Registered Holistic Nutritionist. She believes in focusing on self-care rather than perfection, and that eating nourishing foods you love is fundamental to health, beauty and happiness. We love that, Angela! She is based in Newport, Rhode Island. You can find Angela on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
Hope this article was helpful and hope it inspires you to hydrate, hydrate, hydrate. Let us know what you think of the water bottles! Post a picture on instagram or facebook of you sipping on your water bottle and tag #bewellwitharielle!
Oh, and P.S. I’ll be sharing some more fun tips, healthy events (and even my fertility story) in the next few weeks. Sign up here for my newsletter to be first to know about it all.
Don’t forget to drink up!
Be hydrated. Be glowing. Be Well.