I converted my microwave into my spice rack:
1. Micro-waved diets cause digestive disturbances.
2. The human body cannot metabolize unknown by-products created in micro-waved food.
3. The effects of micro-waved food by-products are permanent within the human body.
4. Male and female hormone production is shut down and/or altered by continually eating micro-waved foods.
5. Minerals, vitamins and nutrients of all micro-waved food are reduced so that the human body gets little or no benefit, or the human body absorbs altered compounds that cannot be broken down for utilization.
6. The nutrients in vegetables cooked in a microwave oven are altered into cancerous free radicals.
7. Micro-waved foods cause stomach and intestinal cancers and may be a primary contributor to the rapidly increased rate of colon cancer in the U.S.
8. The prolonged eating of micro-waved foods causes cancerous cells to increase in human blood.
9. Continual ingestion of micro-waved food causes immune system deficiencies through lymph gland and blood serum alterations.
10. Continually eating food processed in a microwave oven can produce virtually irreversible damage to the body’s nervous system by “shorting out” electrical impulses in the brain and nerve centers. This can result in the loss of memory, lack of concentration, emotional instability and decreased intelligence.
This information was derived from Dr. Susan Silberstein’s book, Hungrier for Health.
p.s. #11: It takes (almost) the same amount of time to
heat up your food on the stove/in a toaster oven/
in an oven.
p.p.s #12: It’s a great way to save space (especially in a NYC apt like mine)
p.p.p.s #13: It saves energy. (Go ahead and unplug yours too!)
Don’t be lazy – be smart and healthy!
Craving more healthy non-microwaved recipes? Here is my fave dinner recipe for (gluten-free and dairy-free) Penne a la Vodka.
Follow me on instagram at @bewellwitharielle for more quick and healthy tips.
P.S. Check out my cooking show on Glamour Magazine!
Be educated. Be open-minded. Be well.